Home -> About Us -> College History

Shaanxi Polytechnic Institute was founded in November of 1950 with the name of Advanced Polytechnic School. Then, the school changed name to Northwest Polytechnic School in 1951.

To Xianyang Machine-Building Industry School in 1953, to Shaanxi Machine-Making School in 1958, to Xianyang Machine-Making School in 1962.

In 1999, the school was upgraded from a Technical Secondary School to a Higher Vocational College, with new name of Shaanxi Polytechnic Institute.

In 2010, Shaanxi Polytechnic Institute combined with Shaanxi Textile and Fashion Vocational College, remains the name of Shaanxi Polytechnic Institute